The new Supporter Scheme from Heritage and Culture Warwickshire (HCW) offers a great opportunity for people to engage with the heritage of Warwickshire and to enjoy some exclusive benefits.
Heritage and Culture Warwickshire needs your help to preserve and provide access to Warwickshire’s treasures for everyone; to share the stories of Warwickshire people; and ensure that collections are protected for future generations.
Heritage & Culture Warwickshire look after over 800,000 objects and 900 years’ worth of Warwickshire’s historic collections and archives.
Highlights of the collections include:
- The regionally important collection of costume and textiles dating from the early 17th century
- An extensive collection of dolls, toys and games from the late 18th century to the present day
- The archaeology collection; which includes the collection of Roman pottery, metalwork and other evidence found in and around Alcester.
Why become a supporter?
Heritage & Culture Warwickshire relies on grants, fundraising and donations to help support their work. The generous contributions of visitors, customers, volunteers and grant-giving organisations help to support
- Free access to venues
- Subsidised visits and activities for Warwickshire schools
- The ongoing programme of conservation for objects and archives
- The purchase of additional important objects for exhibitions and collections.
Benefits for HCW Supporters
- Programme of curator talks and events*
- ‘Behind the scenes’ tour of the Museum, Archive and Museum Stores*
- Supporter newsletters
- 10% off in the cafe and shop
- Supporters-only social events
- Private view of new acquisitions*
In addition, for Family Supporters
- Free entry to ‘drop-in’ children’s events for up to three children
- Free entry to Family Night at the Museum*
*Full terms and conditions are available online at: www.heritage.warwickshire.gov.uk/become-a-supporter/
Case Study: Warwick Healey Motor Company Collection
In 2016, a total of £93,000 was raised to purchase the collection of Donald Healey, the Warwick Healey Motor Company archive which was at risk of being sold abroad to a private collector. Thanks to support from the Heritage Lottery Fund, PRISM (Arts Council), the Friends of National Libraries, King Henry VIII Trust, Friends of Warwickshire County Record Office, Warwickshire Industrial Archaeological Society and others, the collection was saved and brought to Donald’s home town of Warwick, where this important and fascinating collection will soon be available for public view.
Who can be a Heritage & Culture Supporter?
Anyone! It is hoped that Supporters share the service values:
- Of caring for Warwickshire’s Heritage;
- Of enthusiasm and enjoyment of Warwickshire’s natural, built and social history; and
- in understanding the value of Heritage for future generations.
To become a Supporter, HCW ask for a small annual contribution towards the work of Heritage & Culture Warwickshire to support the care and preservation of Warwickshire’s collections; ensuring free access and helping to grow the collection for the future.
Cllr Jeff Clarke, Portfolio holder for the Environment, said:
“The success of this new Supporter Scheme will significantly benefit the long term future of Heritage and Culture Warwickshire, and people’s access to the collections.”
Cllr Philip Johnson, Chair of the Communities Overview and Scrutiny Committee, added:
“The benefits offered as part of the membership will allow supporters to enjoy great access to the fantastic county collections.”
Annual Supporter contribution
- Individual £23
- Joint £36
- Family £38
How to sign up
Call Heritage and Culture Warwickshire on: 01926 412500.
Or, if you have any questions about our Supporters Scheme, please email us at email@example.com
More information about Heritage and Culture Warwickshire is available on the website: http://heritage.warwickshire.gov.uk/