The consultation which is asking residents to give their views on the reshaping of services for children and families is live with the county council urging residents to get involved. A range of public meetings across the county start next week and continue into August.
The council needs to look at ways to use its decreasing resources in the most effective and efficient way to deliver the right support to the people who most need it, at the right time.
The proposal is to work with families, professionals and communities to provide an even wider range of services than are currently available at children’s centres. One of the proposals is to do some of this through family hubs which will provide key services from one place for children and their families.
Cllr Jeffrey Morgan, portfolio holder for Children’s Services, said:
“This consultation is about reshaping the services that we provide with partners in health and other partner organisations to be cost-effective, sustainable and focussed on the children who most need support.
“It does mean that we will look to provide some of those services in a different way from how they have traditionally been delivered but families’ needs have changed and we have to evolve to respond to that.
“We need our residents’ help so I urge people to get involved with the consultation. We are very happy to share information and there are various means for residents to learn more about our proposals as well as give their views.
“The council is committed to listening to ideas and developing conversations with communities and I very much hope that many residents will attend the public meetings as well as get involved with the consultation through the other channels.”
The consultation is live until 11 September at www.warwickhire.gov.uk/ask . For those wishing to call and make an appointment to speak to an officer, this can be done on 01926 742350. Emails can be sent to email@example.com
Timetable of meetings
- Brownsover Thurs 20 July 9.30-11.00am – Christ Church, Brownsover, 43 Bow Fell CV21 1JF
- Rugby Weds 26 July 7.30-9.00pm – Benn Hall, Newbold Road CV21 2LN
- Coleshill Thurs 20 July 7.30-9.00pm – Coleshill Town Council, Town Hall, High Street B46 3BG
- Atherstone Thurs 3 August 7.30-9.00pm – Atherstone Leisure Complex, Long Street CV9 1AX
- Stratford Mon 24 July 2.30-4.00pm – Holy Trinity Parish Church, Old Town CV37 6BG
- Southam Thurs 27 July 7.30-9.00pm – Graham Adams Centre, St James Road CV47 0LY
- Alcester Weds 2 August 11.30-1.00pm – Jubilee Centre, Jubilee Fields, St Faith’s Road B49 6AG
- Leamington Spa Tues 25 July 9.30-11.00am – Town Hall, The Parade CV32 4AT
- Warwick Mon 31 July 7.30-9.00pm – Northgate House, Warwick, CV34 4JH
- Kenilworth Tues 1 August 7.30-9.00pm – St John’s Church, Warwick Rd CV8 1HY
Nuneaton and Bedworth Borough
- Bedworth Tues 1 August 10.00-11.30am – Bedworth Life Church, 17 Bulkington Road CV12 9DG
- Nuneaton Weds 2 August 7.30-9.00pm – Our Lady of the Angels Hall, Coton Road CV11 5UA
Have your say on the children’s centres consultation here: https://askwarks.wordpress.com/2017/06/29/reshaping-services-for-children-and-families-consultation/
Find out more about Children’s Centres in Warwickshire: http://www.warwickshire.gov.uk/childrenscentres