Firefighters from Kenilworth Fire Station are inviting residents to come along and join in the fun on Saturday 4th August at their Fire Station’s Community Open Day.
The event, which is being run by the firefighters at Kenilworth, will run from 10am to 4pm at Kenilworth Fire Station, School Lane, Kenilworth.
The aim of the day is to engage with the local community to encourage fire safety messages as well as raising money for the ‘Firefighters Charity’ and other local good causes.
The event is free to attend. On the day there are a wide variety of things to do and see for all members of the family, including:
• A look around Kenilworth’s fire appliance and a chance to meet the Kenilworth firefighters
• A look at other emergency vehicles from fire, police, ambulance and the Royal National Lifeboat Institution
• The chance to interact with animals from the Nuneaton and Bedworth Wildlife Sanctuary
• An ice cream van, BBQ and tea and coffee
• Fairground rides and bouncy castle
• Colouring competition and quizzes
• Tombola, raffle and a very special visit from Marshall from Paw Patrol!
• Plus many more stands and attractions
Warwickshire County Council’s Portfolio Holder for Community Fire Safety, Cllr Andy Crump said “The open day will be a great event for all of the family to enjoy. This is also a great way for residents to learn more about the work undertaken by the fire and rescue service and to meet the firefighters working in their local community. So please make sure that you come along and join in the fun!”