The Warwick District Community Forum Grant Fund 2018-19, supported by Warwick District Council (WDC) and Warwickshire County Council (WCC) is open to applications.
Over £90,000 has been provided by County Councillors and Warwick District Council to support small scale community projects across Warwick District.
The fund is open to local community groups and voluntary organisations to support projects that benefit the local community by helping to resolve local issues or improve local facilities and support services.
Community groups with an idea or project to benefit local residents can view full details and an application form at www.warwickshire.gov.uk/grants .
The funding is awarded through seven community forums organised by WDC & WCC which meet at least twice a year across Warwick District. Closing date for applications is Monday 10 September with all eligible applications going to a public vote at the appropriate Community Forum meeting in late September/October.
To find out dates and more about your local Community Forum go to:
Cllr David Reilly, Warwickshire Country Council’s portfolio holder for Environment, Heritage and Culture, said:
“The vision of the county council is to act as an enabler within the community. Local groups have excellent local information and are very well placed to provide services and activities that meet the needs of their communities. This fund is an excellent way for us to support that and help local people to address local issues.”
Examples of previous projects that have received funding include:
- Kenilworth Helping Hands Club – physical activity weekend for adults with learning disabilities
- Lillington Juniors FC – football equipment
- Whitnash Fun Day – stage hire
- Crash Out Tots, Life Church – new parent toddler group
- Community Hearts – kitbag for Community First Responders
- Leamington Winter Support – First aid training
- Achieving Results in Communities (ARC) – community gardening scheme
- 2nd Cubbington Guides – new tables and chairs