Warwickshire is a county offering support and opportunities for all types of businesses. Already home to companies across a wide range of sectors, the county is currently seeing an increase in knowledge-based, technology-led industries.
Invest in Warwickshire has developed a strategy to target companies within a number of key sectors. These include Advanced Engineering, Digital Media and Gaming, Intelligent Transport Systems and Low Carbon Vehicles.
The development of business clusters in these sectors will exploit existing industry strengths and promote emerging opportunities across Warwickshire.
This section of the website gives you the opportunity to learn more about Warwickshire’s major sectors and find out which companies are already making their mark in the county.
In brief, the Coventry and Warwickshire sub-region can offer potential investors a location with:
- a global reputation in Motorsport and Performance Engineering. With a cluster of approximately 250 companies, the sub-region is part of the area known as ‘The Gateway to Motorsport Valley®‘.
- one of the fastest growing Digital Media and Software clusters in Europe, with ‘Silicon Spa’ unique in its concentration of global gaming companies within a 3km radius.
- an Intelligent Transport Systems sector with world class research, soon to be enhanced further by the development of the Enterprise Zone MIRA Technology Park in Nuneaton.
- proximity to world class engineering research and design facilities, including the Serious Games Institute at Coventry University, the Manufacturing Technology Centre at Ansty, the Power Academy at Rugby and WMG with a new National Automotive Innovation Campus at Warwick University
- access to a highly skilled and motivated local workforce.
Motorsport Valley®‘ is a registered trademark of The Motorsport Industry Association.