Warwickshire Fire and Rescue Service (WFRS) is supporting Road Safety Week, a national campaign running from 18 to 24 November 2019.
The week, organised by ‘Brake’, a road safety charity, is an annual event and the biggest road safety awareness event in the UK.
As the days are getting colder in the lead up to Christmas and the roads can often be icy, WFRS would like to share some top road safety tips for Warwickshire residents:
- Check your tyre pressure
- Make sure your lights are all working
- If you’re driving long distances, make sure you have a full tank of petrol
- Check your fluids are topped up to the correct level, including oil, anti-freeze and water
- Keep your distance – always keep at least a two-second gap between the you and the car in front
- Take a break if you’re driving long distances
- Don’t drink and drive
Fore more information on road safety visit https://www.warwickshire.gov.uk/roadsafety