We’re dreaming of a #BestWarwickshireChristmas!
Throughout December, Warwickshire County Council (WCC) will be sharing tips and advice across social media for the community using #BestWarwickshireChristmas.
Even if we love this time of year, for many, problems can feel magnified because of the pressures the festive season places on us so WCC is taking the opportunity to help residents have the #BestWarwickshireChristmas possible!
With festive cheer ramping up, December can be a time for spending special moments with family and buying gifts for loved ones, however, this may not be the case for everyone, and Christmas can be a lonely time for many. The council encourages people to use this time for giving to spare a thought for those who may have a little less or need a little bit more support.
To support our residents throughout the festive period, the council has some top tips and advice to avoid festive season stresses:
- Festive Finance – Christmas is a time of giving, but don’t give yourself a headache in the New Year with bills and debts you can’t afford. If you’re struggling with money in the lead up to Christmas, you can find a number of organisations offering free online debt advice here: https://www.warwickshire.gov.uk/moneyanddebt
- Deck the Halls – At the beginning of December you might be thinking about dusting off your decorations and lighting the fire for those cosy nights in. Before you start getting your home ready for Christmas, make sure you read our fire safety tips first – https://www.warwickshire.gov.uk/celebratesafely
- Tis the season to stress less – Some look forward to Christmas, others may find the time of year tough. For advice and support on mental wellbeing, anxiety, sleep, stress or low mood visit https://www.nhs.uk/oneyou/every-mind-matters/
- Stay safe this Christmas – Let the celebrations commence but throughout the holidays make sure you drink safely, and you know your limits. Drink Aware are sharing useful tips on what to do if someone has drunk too much and advice on avoiding drink spiking –https://www.drinkaware.co.uk/advice/staying-safe-while-drinking/
- A time for giving – Christmas can be a joyous time for many but a lot of people struggle this time of year. Make sure you check on your elderly relatives, neighbours and anyone in need of a helping hand, you could make their day.
- Ho-Ho-Healthy – Have you had the flu jab yet? The flu vaccination changes every year to fight the latest strains of flu, so even if you had the jab last winter you need another one this year to stay flu safe. Get in touch with your local pharmacy to keep well this winter.
- Green Christmas – Forget a White Christmas! This Christmas, WCC is going Green and sharing tips on using recyclable wrapping paper, reusable Christmas decorations and how to recycle your Christmas tree, find out some more information on plastic-free wrapping here – https://www.facebook.com/notes/warwickshire-recycles/plastic-free-gift-wrapping/2477062079196626/
Make sure you have a #BestWarwickshireChristmas, don’t miss out on WCC’s useful tips and advice by following us on social media: